Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year!

All the best wishes for the new year to you all.

This new year looks pretty much like the old one. It's raining, although there's a film of sleet on the lawn. Weather has been dreary this "winter". At least: we can't complain about not getting enough rain. Oddly enough, the prices on water-powered electricity keeps going up, and it's cheaper to heat the house with oil - which reached 60$ a barrel this morning. I remember when I thought it was a good thing for the Norwegian economy that the price passed 20$. That was before the invasion in Iraq.

This is going to be a year of changes for me, both physically and professionally. Also socially, as my son (my little one, who is about 25 cm taller than me) will most likely be leaving for more education/the military, and us old folks will be just a couple again. Time is catching up on us fast. Economic changes too: This is the last year of paying on my student loan! I can hardly believe it, in two more payments I am done paying for my time at the University. My brain will belong to myself once more!

I think it's going to be an interesting year, hopefully not in the chinese curse manner of interesting.

No comments: