Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still not really real

I just downloaded the copyedited files from Peter Lang publishers. I haven't looked at them yet. It's too scary. It's worse than an exam. Perhaps even worse than getting the evaluation of my Ph D. I am hoping people will read this, I mean, real people, not just five peers who are equally geeky and nerdy as me anyway.

Well, now I know what I'll be doing: Reading my manuscript. Just in case anybody worried I'd be bored, now that I am back in Volda. I am not. Instead I am scared.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Hi Torill, Not sure why you feel frightened looking at your Peter Lang copyedited mss. Say more please. Joe

Torill said...

Probably because I know too much about what I am writing about. Kind of like when I was a student, I was never nervous about the exams I was not prepared for. I didn't know enough to be worried :)

Unknown said...

Too much knowledge is an underappreciated form of torment.

Ignorance is bliss?

Torill said...

"Getting it over with" is bliss too! I am done going through the changes, and now that it's done I am extremely happy and quite impressed with the difference a good proofreading does to a manuscript. I know it's important, but it always stuns me to see how much so.