Sunday, September 24, 2006

Not going there

Resolution: I am not going there.
I have thought about the flattering request I got, talked to friends and relatives, and had all kind of responses. "Power is fun!" was one response. "Go for it!" "No, don't do it, it's the death of your career and all you have worked for" was another. The most important and reasonable comment came from the people who really know me: "You are great at this kind of work, but it's the stuff that wears you down and makes you unhappy. You'll be bound and restricted, and that's not good for you. It's what you've been trying so hard to get out of." And they are right, really, although my freedom is not exactly Kris Kristoffersen's version:
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin' don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free, no no
And feelin' good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues
You know, feelin' good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee

No comments: