Wednesday, September 18, 2002

Lots of interesting things popping up in the blogs I regularly read, just as I feeling to tired to think clearly.

Lisbeth quotes Deleuze on the difference between real and virtual.
Jill discusses the difference between fiction and simulation - and I'll most likely be chewing on that one in my sub-conscious while I wait for the antibiotics to work.
Anders Fagerjord discusses stretchtext and Fluid, and Mark Bernstein comments on that, still optimistic on behalf of alternative programming for text-publishing.
I don't really have an opinion on the last topic, but I pointed Anne Mangen in the direction of that discussion, and I hope to hear from her, as she's writing her doctorate thesis on hypertext, and is one of the literature theory scholars who also knows Fluid well.

The suspense, the suspense... academic discussions are never as thrilling as when I for some reason can't do anything about them.

No comments: