Tuesday, August 28, 2001

Haven't we all wanted to be somewhere else with someone special sometime? Lane and Stu at damnthepacific dot com certainly do. I am still trying to figure out how I feel about this - but after cycling through a long list of emotions I have ended up with: "how can I know this isn't another internet hoax?" It's a nice story, two really cute youths begging for spare change to fullfill their dreams and be together. Now if one of them develops a disease which puts some pressure on the audience, cancer, for instance, and we get to admire their fortitude in the face of this tragedy, that should set the pennies rolling into their accounts.

Now of course, if they are for real I have been cold and cynical. But how can I know the difference? There is no way to prove their identity and the reality of their emotion online, and there is no way for me to prove otherwise, unless this develops into an other kaycee nichole episode... at which point they might be looking at a charge for fraud.

No comments: