Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Agirra strives on

I picked up something not-so-fun this weekend, and the cold (yes, COLD, not cool) summer offers exellent opportunity for diseases to spread. As a result today was spent in bed with hankies and a computer. Luckily, Agirra had not picked up any viruses.

She keeps running about in the same area. The quests lead to new quests and to new quests again, and I tend to end up at the Crossroads, a small town in a large desert. It is surrounded by the Razormane tribes, Kolkar kentaurs, lions, striders - huge striding birds, and raptors of different kinds, dinosaur type beasts like velociraptors. I have had 13 quests going at once since I entered that area, and I am just not getting the number down. I seem to attract quests whenever. Or Agirra does. She's the one who needs to make money. I just want levels and roleplay.

I am also getting better at talking to people, and as I am learning to use Agirra's skills, I dare to suggest that we group up for entering dangerous areas or kill those hard-to-kill NPCs. This also leads to role-play, but as I am not yet involved with any of the guilds, the role-play is more personal. And so it gets a distinct flavour of girl-meets-boy and boy-wants-action. I have to decide what Agirra likes or not and preferably try to avoid too much cyberflirting, but really, flirting in the body of a fang-toothed huge raptor-killing orc shaman is kind of fun. I have the habit of hitting ' instead of enter to talk though, a left-over action from the MUDs coming into action when I slip into MUD rp mode.

There are a few things I need to do to understand what is going on before I start comparing to MUDs too much though. I need to get into a guild or clan. I should work on PVP, both defensive and aggressive. I should make at least one more character at a different server, to look for social/cultural differences.

If the summer stays as cold as it is, that may be no problem.

2 comments:

room217 said...

Må jeg få anbefale tran og appelsiner mot forkjølelse. Stevie Wonder kan også, dersom brukt riktig, yte en viss helbredende effekt.

Jeg vil også be om å få linke til den inspirerende bloggen din fra min egen.

Bli frisk!

Beste ønsker,

T.E.Mortensen aka room217

Torill said...

Allergisk mot tran (fiskeolje) og appelsiner tåler jeg bare i små doser. Stevie Wonder finnes det ikke en eneste plate med i huset. Så i stedet ble det krydderte og WOW. Det virket!

Og nettet er fritt for alle, link ivei du!