Thursday, May 05, 2005

Please, all you good boys and girls

When you submit papers to conferences, no matter where, no matter when, unless the conference standard explicitly states something else, would you please write all the correct bibliographic data on top of the page?

I am going through stacks of papers on blogs, downloaded from AOIR and other conference archives, and less than half have this useful feature. Which means that for each paper I have to guess which conference it was presented at, check the programme for said conference, and then put in the correct year and conference in the bibliography. When all this is already on the paper as soon as I open it, I save perhaps three minutes for each papers I check. With 50 papers, 35 of which does not have this neat little thing... well, you get it.

Thank you.

No comments: