Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Stupid things I almost did

Almost-accidents are really big news - planes that almost crash, wars that almost start, avalanches that almost hit a bus - they have the thrill of a real accident, no relatives to be careful around, and plenty of surviving eye-witnesses to interview.

I just had an almost-accident too. I almost returned my computer in order to have the soundcard fixed. The sound tech guys were able to help me though. With their combined skill, they spotted what I did not see: The volume control at the side of the computer. Ouch. But I lived to tell the story.

3 comments:

Torill said...

Det er jo bare snakk om noen måneder da! ;)

Torill said...

There's nothing like sharing silliness, is there? A wonder we all survive! But then - none of us really do, do we?

Torill said...

That's an interesting observation, Carl. And as to that, to anybody who follow this thread, I want to point out that the Norwegian comments it all starts with are between me and a girl (woman, now) who was a close friend from 3rd grade and until we split up as we chose different directions at high school. And she is teasing me with my age, which of course means laughing at and aknowledging her own. This is the same kind of self-irony as Carl is describing, as telling me I am "over the hill" means admitting that so is she.