Wednesday, July 25, 2001

I just got a book from Amazon.co.uk: The Cybercultures Reader, edited by Barbara M. Kennedy and David Bell. I was very curious about this book - I constantly have this fear that there are a lot of essential articles out there which everybody know about while I have no idea, so I buy readers...

Sometimes I am lucky with them, and they contain all those articles which I have been trying to collect in different filing-systems, bad copies with imprecise information on publications and perhaps lacking a page where it's been copied twice. Sometimes, like today, I sit staring at the list of articles and writers and wonder what planet they are at... or I am at... since we don't overlap at all. It was comforting to see that at least Mike Featherstone and Donna Haraway were represented. We might be on the same planet after all.

No comments: