Friday, August 17, 2007

HUMlab in Umeå

As I arrived to Umeå while it's still somewhat summery, the University is quiet and everything is semi-ready. Some parts were very far from ready. Patrik Svensson at the HUMlab took me and my husband for a walk around what will be the actual laboratory, and while his enthusiasm and vision made the future clear to my inner eye, the camera caught something different.


It will be great though. Patrik also showed me the plans for how it will be, and I am impressed. They have thought of everything: design, functionality, equipment, workareas, flexibility - I have to say, these Swedes have style! I can't wait to see it all finished, and get to work in this elegant and generous area.

3 comments:

Patrik said...

Thanks for posting these nice photos :).

One additional comment: One part of the lab (first photo) is old (=HUMlab as most people know it). Because of new floor tiles, we had to move all the furniture, equipment etc. out, but this coming week we will reinstall that part of the lab. The new part of the lab (second photo) is, well, new, and there is quite some work to be done there (obvious even to someone as non-construction worker-like as myself). Hopefully this part will be ready by late October. We are all very excited about this.

We are really happy to have you here, Torill!

M-H said...

As an expat kiwi here in Australia I am really enjoying a Norwegian's take on Sweden.

m said...

I found you through random links from other people and damn... your blog is interesting!
I'm adding you to my bookmarks!