Friday, September 21, 2001

I am getting a lot of emails trying to make me open an attachment lately. I suspect some server or computer where somebody have my email-address in their addressbook is infested with a virus. If I start sending some of you guys who read this odd-looking emails (OK, odder-looking), don't open any attachments! I am trying to be careful, but the emails are blandly worded asking for advice, the names of the attached files (until the last two ones, which were in Spanish and Icelandic) likely for a topic a friend or colleague would ask me about, and the subject line of the email changes every time to the name of the attached file.

I don't know if this is the feared Nimda virus or something else, but it's better to be ignored than to spread viruses to friends.

No comments: