Tuesday, September 18, 2001

Yesterday, Charlie the blogstalker had the energy to reply to my email to him when I was unhappy, telling me how just being alive, outside, relatively sane and unharmed and still staying in touch helps the healing of those in NYC. Today he admitted to his own irrational anger, flaring up as a stranger made an insensitive remark. I think our US and particularly NYC friends might have come to that point now, as Jill has already noted.

What can we do? I suggest bite our collective tongues and wait for it to blow over, and manage to keep our mouths shut about Post Traumatic Stress as well. Telling a woman it's "that time of the month" when she's yelling at her husband for not cleaning up after himself doesn't work... I don't think "It's just PTS darling" will work either.

No comments: