Monday, May 14, 2001

Oh, Gonzalo, I forgot to mention!
in 1995 Ellen Lunde finished her masters thesis about Human Quest 1 at the institute of Media and Communication at the University of Oslo. Human Quest 1 was a game which discussed human rights in a simulated Latin-American country. Sadly it's in Norwegian, but I have the game somewhere, and I'll try to remember to bring it next time we are in the same place, and I'll see what I can do about translating it.

I don't know anything more about the background of the game, I was working on an analysis of Det Store Manndomsspranget (The great leap to manhood) at the time, and wasn't sidetracked to study this game. The game I studied was about sexual information, and was never published, the conservative christian government in 1998/99 stopped the publication. They claimed it might encourage young men to have an earlier sexual debut. They obviously hadn't seen the game. Nobody could think sex was interesting and exiting after going through it.

No comments: