Monday, August 04, 2003

OK, that was summer
And what do I have to show for it? Repainted some of the kitchen walls, made a few herb-scented and -tasting salads, had crabs and lobster in the boathouse, an allergic reaction to my sister's dogs (and a borrowed one, four of them and big too), a visit from friends and a visit from relatives from afar, repaired the roof (remember the storms this winter?) and while I didn't quite work up a tan I did gain a darker shade of pale. I have discovered several new cocktails, and done a lot of shopping for the kids. Two out of three bikes are repaired, and we have removed the outdoors lamp that all people taller than 175 cm crack their heads into. The new one has not been put up yet. May happen next year, when we'll also paint the house (that's why I stayed home all summer, to be here and paint the house with my family), clean up in the garage (as if) and rearrange a small part of the garden (that may happen, because I think I'll be able to do that alone, or with a teen-ager or two to fetch and carry).

But for now, it's back to work, and I am knee-deep in administration that still looks unmanageable after three hours of avoiding it.

No comments: