Thursday, August 26, 2004

Sincere apology

After I returned from my day-trip to the radio studio, I received an email which (in the nicest possible manner) let me know that I have been badly mistaken about something. I want to apologize for having given my readers (all 5 of you) the wrong impression of the radio program "Sånn er livet".

It is not targeted at the retired population of Norway. It is not made by retired journalists. It does not interview retired has-beens. It is a magazine that does serious research on interesting topics in a generous format that allows for whole sentences and fairly complex arguments.

Seriously, it's one of the really good programs on the radio, and I listen to it when I have a chance.

I am also NOT citing any research on who actually listens to NRK P2 at 10.03 Thursday mornings. That is because while NRK's research department admits such data exists, it hasn't been made public online yet. I am convinced the audience is a broad and diverse sample of the Norwegian population, and I will from this day forth insist on this until somebody forces other data on me.

No comments: